by Jen Hervada, Lionville Middle School Instructional Coach
Instead of having students fill out a worksheet when reviewing for a test….
…Ask the students to create a Google Slides Show and teach the concepts to each other. The students collaborate inside a Google Slides Show with groups creating one or two slides to teach their content. With the Google Slides projected on the screen in the classroom both the students and teachers can watch the collaboration in progress. The students see the others’ work and get inspired by them.
- Create a blank Google Slides Show.
- Divide the class into groups of 2-4 students.
- Assign 1 or 2 slides to each group.
- Have the groups design their slides to teach the concept
- Project the Google Slides Show on the screen inside the classroom while groups are working.
- Watch the collaboration happening in real time.
In this activity, students teach their content to each other in their own words and provide examples and/or study tips about how to remember key concepts. Students learn from each other through the collaborative process.