by Kristie Burk
Welcome back to the 16-17 school year and to the Downingtown Tech Chat. If you’re new to Downingtown, we’ll be sending you tricks, tips, suggestions and interesting articles every week to help you in your classroom, in your career and sometimes in your life. Here are six things to know about the blog:
- You don’t have to read or to implement everything. We do not expect you to be able to read every article or implement every idea. You may only get one “nugget” a month or you might find a lot of useful information. Take what you need or save what you want for later.
- Get to know our “days.” We have Website Wednesday and Tech Tip Tuesday, which contains contain useful technology tips or suggestions. This is usually where we may highlight a useful app, too. On Food for Thought Friday, we’ll share an article or study that will make you go hmmm….
- We want your feedback. Communicate with us by sending us an email at firstname.lastname@example.org. You can also comment directly on our blog, but please remember that these comments are public.
- Visit our website to find archived articles or to make public comments. Downingtown Tech Chat is housed at https://dtowntechchat.wordpress.com. You can visit here to search for past articles or to make public comments on an article.
- Contribute your ideas! Kristie Burk, the Coordinator of Blended and Cyber Learning; Jon Blow, Technology Integration Coordinator; and all of your instructional coaches will be sharing on this blog, but we also want to hear from you. Reach out to us with inspiring stories, great tricks, or anything else you’d like to share.
- Share the blog with others. Other educators follow this blog by subscribing on the website or by following us on Twitter. If you know people outside of DASD who would like the blog, let them know!
Have a wonderful year!