by Kristie Burk
Hedy Lim is a mathematics teacher at the Springfield School in Jakarta, Indonesia. She was an Educator of the Year Finalist and was recently featured in a Schoology blog article called “The Art of Turning Math into a Social Learning Experience.”
In the article, Lim discusses ways that she uses technology to make more of a “social” experience, including using
- Schoology to respond to students’ questions and to post useful materials.
- Penultimate as a whiteboard in class.
- Explain Everything to create flipped classroom videos.
- Zaption to engage students in interactive videos.
- Instagram to post extra questions for students to answer.
Take a few minutes to read the article this morning and to be inspired!