by Kristie Burk
Would you like to send one of your students to the White House? Have your students participate in the “Meet Me in DC” poster contest sponsored by PBS Learning Media.
Students from grades K-12 need to design an election poster that highlights important community issues. One winner from grades K-5 and one winner from grades 6-12 will receive:
- a three night trip for the winner and a guest to Washington, DC, including
- round trip coach air travel
- double occupancy hotel accommodations for three (3) nights
- a tour of the White House
- attendance at a session of Congress
- a trip to the National Archives
- a visit to the set of PBS NewsHour
- $200 ground transportation allowance
- $500 spending money
What a great experience for two students! The rules specify that the posters must be digitally submitted by a teacher who provides direct instruction to students in grades Kindergarten through Grade 12.
The contest ends on March 31st.